With numerous companies offering General & Precision CNC Machining Services, why should you select one over the others? We’ve assembled a list of the 8 things we think are most important when it comes to deciding the right partner for your business.
If you’re like most, you appreciate not only great products at a great price, you like exceptional customer service, the ability to scale your business and product offerings, fast turnaround times and more.
Let’s take a look at what we believe are the most important things when considering a partner for your General and Precision CNC machining parts.
- The latest machines and techniques. You want a partner that can perform complicated jobs, virtually on any metals and plastics. Whatever your part is made of, such as steel, nickel, copper, aluminum, plastic or any metal or alloy, you need superior skill sets that can easily handle your project.
- A wide range of machines. This ensures they’re capable of carrying out precision jobs for your complex designs and geometries. Armed with highly customizable CNC machines that can integrate with any CAD or CAM software, you need a partner that can tackle the toughest job with same ease as a simple design.
- Turnaround time. We leverage the most sophisticated machines for your job, thus, the turnaround time is the shortest possible, ensuring you’re up and running as quickly as possible.
- Cost. What you pay should always a major factor – without sacrificing quality! Make sure your partner can achieve the lowest manufacturing cost per item. It shouldn’t matter if the equipment is fresh off the showroom floor as to why the cost per item is 40% more than others. Never let the big name or “marketing spin” compel you to overspend.
- Prototyping. If you would like to develop a prototype before going for a full-fledged production unit, find a partner that allows short-run jobs for prototype jobs, regardless of material or complexity of project. Precision machines are too costly to purchase simply for developing a prototype that may prove to be unsustainable. It makes much more sense to engage a partner to develop your idea with the equipment you need.
- Design service. You need a partner that can assist in every stage of designing and act as a partner to aid in enhancing your prototype design.
- Short-Runs. Sometimes, you only need 1 or 100 parts, not 10,000. In these situations, it’s critical that your partner can handle small jobs, on-demand.
- Confidentiality. You invest considerable time and money ensuring your designs are premium and that your partners are yours. Look for partners that maintain the confidential nature of your designs and partners. Integrity is something you should always ask about and ensure you’re aligned on the definition of confidentiality. If it’s important enough, ask for an NDA to safeguard your time and money, if there’s any hesitation to sign, move on!
And there you have our top 8 things to consider when choosing a partner for your precision and general CNC machined parts. If you’re looking for a partner that can help you with virtually any project, consider Progressive Machine Works.
You can contact us with your requirements and put us to the test by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org